Product in the Spotlight: December 2021
Murad Nutrient-Charged Water Gel
Apparently, I’m a huge fan of moisturizers that come in this rich purple-y packaging. I spotlighted a Paula’s Choice moisturizer back in September that had the exact same color!
Now that I’ve started discussing skincare products every single day, I am curious what other people are using day to day! I had my Mom show me her whole routine the other day. She actually uses this Murad Nutrient-Charged Water Gel and LOVES it, so let’s spotlight it.
This product is named appropriately because it is a water-based gel, and it is packed with nutrients. Let’s review this impressive ingredient list.
1. Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate & Butylene Glycol are the humectants/hydrators in this list that help moisturize the skin by attracting and holding onto water.
2. Ceramide NP, AP & EOP help restore your skin’s natural barrier.
3. 5 Peptides to also help restore your skin’s natural moisture barrier from damage.
4. 5 Vitamins (B3, B5, B6, B9 & E) help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
5. 5 Minerals (Silicon, Iron, Zinc, Copper & Magnesium) support healthy-looking skin tone and texture.
My Mom, who has oily skin, loves this product because it doesn’t feel greasy, it’s lightweight, her face feels soft after application and it hydrates really well. Other reviewers on the Murad website would concur with my Mom. 😀
Caution: I don’t recommend this water gel for people with sensitive skin or very dry skin. It contains fragrance and some dyes (to give it that pink color) and that could irritate people with sensitive skin. For those with VERY dry skin, it doesn’t include moisture retention ingredients like a petrolatum, which can really seal in the moisture the humectants are bringing to the skin.