Review of Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum
|Purpose: helps diminish drabness, dryness and appearance of fine lines|
|Best For: all skin types, those with dehydrated skin|
|How to Use: apply to area of skin needing extra hydration|
|Size: 1.69 fl oz|
Key Ingredients According to Drunk Elephant:
- Pineapple Ceramide: boosts luminosity and improves the appearance of skin’s tone and texture
- Pro-Vitamin B5: attracts hydration to the skin and holds it there, improves skin’s moisture barrier
- Sodium Hyaluronate: delivers intense hydration, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and promotes firmness
- Watermelon Rind/Apple/Lentil Complex: provides 24 hour skin hydration, improves moisture retention, improves the appearance of fine lines
- Barberry Extract: soothing and antibacterial properties
Some Great Reviews on Amazon:
- A reviewer who says they will buy this again and again!
- This person who claims their skin drinks this up!
- A reviewer who is acne prone but didn’t break out with B-Hydra!
- A sensitive skin reviewer who has been using this for 2 years!
- Someone who says it is PERFECT for their 37 year old face!
Dinah’s Experience Using Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum
Alright, we’ll talk consistency first. The consistency of this serum is so lightweight and smooth. When that Amazon reviewer says her skin drinks it up, she’s right. It absorbs immediately and feels like nothing is left on top of the skin.
Now, we’ll discuss how I feel about it. Like the rest of the products in this review series, I used this serum for two weeks straight. In those two weeks, I wasn’t loving it as a daily serum. I don’t have dry skin and simply, didn’t need what it has to offer every single day. What I found out though, is that it is a wonderful serum to have on hand to supplement into my routine when I need it.
I have normal to oily skin, right? We know this. But via witch hazel and retinol, I have managed to trick my skin into producing much less oil. Fantastic, right? Sure, until I have a day where I don’t drink enough water. Because I’m not producing the oils anymore, the skin on my face is the first to say, hey, we’re thirsty! On days like that, this serum is the perfect addition to my routine to pull water into my skin and help it feel hydrated.
This serum is also great for me when I use a chemical exfoliant. I typically exfoliate about once a week, but my skin doesn’t always react well and can feel tight and dehydrated. I love using this serum along with my chemical exfoliant and the day after as well to help rehydrate and soothe.
Is it worth the price?
First, let’s talk about the very specific function of this serum. It is meant to help hydrate your skin. If you have perpetually dry skin, you need more oils, NOT this serum. If you have dehydrated skin, this is the product for you. What’s the difference between dry skin and dehydrated skin? Dry skin is the skin type your were born with and you’re going to be dry all over. Dehydrated skin is a temporary condition, maybe because you didn’t drink enough water or because you irritated your skin with some product it didn’t like.
Second, let’s talk about how it isn’t a moisturizer. I read review after review about how people were using this as their moisturizer and hating it. Girl, it’s not a moisturizer, it’s a serum.
After those two points, if you feel like you manage to have dehydrated skin regularly, for whatever reason, this is totally worth the money. In my opinion, it was made to be used when you need the hydration and not for daily use. That being said, it can last you a very very long time. I use it about once or twice a week on those days when I have exfoliated, and that’s it! I still have the sample size I bought a while ago in my Littles 4.0 pack.
Go getcha some!!!
Interested in other Drunk Elephant products? I’ve been doing a review series of the Drunk Elephant Littles 4.0, check them all out here!